Saturday, May 19, 2007

Talk-a-thon

Emmy is amazing me everyday with all the words and sentences she is saying. She has grown verbally so much in the last couple of weeks. She is having conversations with everyone and anyone, even complete strangers. Even the grocery bagger was surprised and said to me, "So Uncle John is comming over for cheeseburgers". I just laughed. And when Uncle John came over he couldn't believe how much she was saying. He hadn't seen her in a month and she is just talking up a storm now. I really love it. I love that she tells me whether she had a good dream or bad dream. I love that she tells me where she has a boo boo. I love that she says "I don't like it" when I give her certain foods, instead of just throwing it. I love that the first thing she says when I open her door in the morning is "Good Morning mommy" and when I say I love you she says "I love you too mommy". She knows so many songs by heart and it is hilarious to watch her sing and dance to them. She loves the wiggles songs and does all the dances. And I also discovered she knows the words to Fergies "Glamorous" and Gwens "Sweet Escape".

Now the down side, she won't stop talking. Add in older brother Anthony's non-stop talking and I often feel like I am going to explode. I rarely have the TV on, not because I am anti TV but because adding any more noise to the mix is not happening. The other down side is her telling me no or I don't like it when it is nap or bed time. If I ask her "Are you tired, do you want to go night night?" she always responds " No, I don't like night night".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emmy is the best!!! MWUAH!!
And you know whats funny, Bella says I no like it bedtime when I ask her if she's tired.. Must be these brunettes they just have to much of an opinion! But it REALLy is amazing, isn't it?

Jess said...

Aww how cute! Bre is non stop I just told my mom the other day that the girl does not give it a rest.