Saturday, May 26, 2007

Politics

Rosie
I get what you are saying. I really do. But the show is called "the View". So you give yours and others give theirs and you say things like "Interesting, oh Really" and then move on. I really don't like how the show became all about you. That wasn't the original concept and more people would have been more receptive to your "view" if you hadn't tried to cram it down peoples throats.

Elizabeth
I get what you are saying. You are not responsible for defending Rosie. If she makes a comment she needs to clarify it. But you need to open your eyes and speak your truth, not just the party line. You need to stop playing victim. You get paid to be the only Republican there. So just suck it up. What else would you be doing.


I usually tend to vote Republican. But I really hate labels. They pigeon hole people who decide to follow what everyone else is doing and not make decisions case by case, person by person, bill by bill. I don't know what I am. Sometimes I vote republican but there are things I support that are clearly democratic. I guess within each party there are shades. You can be at the light end of the republican color or the dark end. And the same for Democrats. I am probably on the border between a light democrat and light republican.

I know that this war has gone too far and too long. The Iraqis need to help themselves now. We need to stop killing innocent people. We need to find Bin Laden. Bush has lost sight of this and is like a dog with a bone. I would respect Bush more if he would just say that. But he never will and instead will go down in history as a horrible president when he could have been great. Sad. I voted for him and had high hopes for him after 9/11. He really was a great leader in that moment and very comforting and uplifting. But then something changed. And his hatred for Sadam and terrorists clouded is overall judgement and his vision of the future. I get what he wants. It is what we all would like. Peace. For Iraq to be a free and happy place. For the people that terrorists recruit to never want to join in because they would be so happy with their country and other countries. But we can't do that for Iraq, they have to do it for themselves. And us being there is only breading more hatred, contempt, and terrorists.

(I reserve the right to edit this later because I am being interrupted by a little girl)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well we all know how I feel about the View... And as for Politics, its hard to be labeled as one party when you have different feelings about things.. I am most of the time Democratic, I think Bush is an idiot.... But I'm miss Liberal so don't listen to me!