Monday, May 7, 2007

Hot

It is hot and windy today. Everytime it gets like this some idiot starts a brush fire. Last night I could smell smoke but never saw anything on the news that would tell me where it was comming from. Anyway I hate these days. Hot, windy, dry, my skin dries out in two seconds. Hopefully no fires today.

Edited at 6:15

Well I left from helping at the boys kindergarten around 4:30 and saw smoke in the sky over by where Emmy goes for Little Gym. I was busy when I got home but just saw this on the local news.

- A fire that broke out Monday in the eastern corner of Featherly Regional Park in Yorba Linda prompted evacuation of campers in an RV park while crews attacked the wind-driven flames with helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft.

The blaze, reported to the Orange County Fire Authority at 2:10 p.m. in the park at 24001 Santa Ana Canyon Road, started in Coal Canyon and headed in a westerly direction, past Gypsum Canyon and an RV park, said Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Stephen Miller.

By mid-afternoon, it had burned about 30 acres between the Riverside (91) Freeway and the Santa Ana riverbed in a wide area of old trees and vegetation, Miller said.

No recreational trailers had been lost to the flames, he said.

Thirty fire engine companies were on scene and another 30 were on the way late this afternoon. The flames were "nowhere near contained," although crews were starting to get a handle on the blaze, Miller said.

A portion of the Eastern Transportation (241) Corridor near the 91 Freeway was closed because of smoke, Miller said.

See, I knew it. Windy+Hot=fire

4 comments:

KJS said...

You'll be in my thoughts. Stay safe!

Annalisa said...

Thanks, We're fine where we are. Last time I checked it was almost contained so thats good.

Jess said...

Wow that looks really bad, are you guy's far away from that? Stay safe!!

Dina said...

I remember living in Northridge (Calif.) and when those Santa Ana winds kicked up, it was guarenteed to have fire after fire!!! glad to hear you guys are good!