Saturday, September 1, 2007

Hot as hell.

I hate hot. I hate humidity. And it is both here. Yesterday at 5pm when I went to a back to school bbq it was 109. CRAZY. And it is supposed to stay hot all week. Fun. Yesterday we had a power alert and they turned off my AC. Ass wipes. Well thank goodness I have a pool. We just hung out there til it came back on.

The lack of seasons is one of the things I hate about Cali. Everyone else goes back to school and the weather starts cooling but not here. It doesn't cool until around Christmas. And even then it is a crap shoot. We have had Christmas days that reach the mid 80s. It really doesn't start getting cool until January and it continues until mid May. Then the warm up starts. And by cool I mean low 70s during the day and 50s at night. Not exactly the artic freeze. Occasionally we get an off week where we will have freezing temps at night. My kids love this bcuz the sprinklers create "snow" on all the bushes. On Halloween I have to make sure that their costumes aren't too warm because it could be 85 that day. Actually a friend of mine who moved here from Canada said we have seasons. Summer - hot as hell, Fall - hot windy and fire, Winter - warm days cool nights slight chance of rain and mudslides, Spring - warm/hot 50/50 chance.

Anyway I will have to focus on all pluses of living in Cali as I suffer through another hot ass day.
Tell myself, beach, family, mountains, shopping, lots to do. Ok a little better.

Alert

Non Precipitation Advisory

EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO 7 PM PDT THIS EVENING, EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 7 PM PDT SUNDAY... More

Saturday
Mostly Sunny
Hi: 101°
Lo: 76°
Mostly Sunny
Sunday
Partly Cloudy
Hi: 100°
Lo: 75°
Partly Cloudy
Monday
Partly Cloudy
Hi: 97°
Lo: 71°
Partly Cloudy
Tuesday
Mostly Sunny
Hi: 94°
Lo: 69°
Mostly Sunny

No comments: