Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11

I can still remember that day as clear as yesterday. I was sitting on the rug in the living room playing with my one year old twins and watching GMA. All of a sudden they announced a fire in one of the twin towers. I called my dad (a native New Yorker) and told him to turn on the TV. As we watched and reminised about our last trip to the World Trade Center and how scared those people were, I saw a plane fly in and an explosion. I said to my dad, "Wow that observation plane just crashed into the other building, what a horrible accident on top of the fire". My dad said, "Annalisa that was no accident, we are under attack". I will never forget the fear that came over me. I will never forget holding my boys so close. As the morning events unfolded I became more panicked. When would it end? What would be next? I called Charles and he said he had been sitting in traffic stunned. He decided to come home early that day and we just sat together as a family and cried. It was horrible. I will never forget that day or all those people who lost their lives. That morning will live on with me forever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep I remember it too. It was such a bad day. It was my last semester at school, and my dad was in NYC that day. None of us could reach him. I was having panic attacks!

KJS said...

You know what? I was watching that same episode of Good Morning America with you ... from my dorm room in Cullowhee, North Carolina. I was getting ready for my 9:30 a.m. class, which I never ended up going to because I couldn't peel myself away from the television ... but I remember their announcements on GMA like it was yesterday.

Annalisa said...

Isn't it amazing how you can remember every detail of that day. I still can feel it.