Monday, July 28, 2008

Walking




I have been trying to walk at night. I walk with a friend of mine and she kicks my ass. She used to be a runner and the first night we walked I almost died. Here I was thinking she just wanted to walk and chit chat and it turned out she really wanted to exercise. She walked so fast I almost died the first block. But I didn't want to look like the fat out of shape blob I am so I kept up. I had so many blisters my feet just burned. Charles said I looked like road kill when I came in. The next night she wanted to try a new route. I have no idea how far it was but as far as I was concerned too damm far. We met up at a corner and then walked from there. When we got back to that corner we parted ways. I swear as soon as she couldn't see me I started walking slow. My feet hurt so bad. I got home and just wanted to lay down and die. And the next day I was soooo sore. So every night I wait to see if she is going to call. We go at around 8:30 after our kids are in bed. One part of me is glad I am going and glad she pushes me so much. But the other part of me prays that she doesn't call.

3 comments:

queen foodie said...

Now that just doesn't sound fun for you at all. I bet within a month though you're gonna see a big difference and be deservedly proud of yourself. Keep up the hard/good work.

queen foodie said...

By the way I tagged you for a Me!Me! post. Check out my latest post and participate if you want.

Anonymous said...

LOL... I wish I had someone that would walk with me every night.. That's the only way I'd actually do it... But sucks I don't:-( Keep at it, it will get easier with time!! yay you!