Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lots of stuff going on.

We had the boys birthday party on Saturday and they had a great time. A lady came to do a show with reptiles, snakes, and large bugs. The boys loved it. They even got a new reptile of their own. So now we have two lizards in our family. We also had lots of entertainment from Charles friend John who managed to arrive drunk. He jumped in the pool with all his clothes on and then got out of the pool in just his underwear. It was the talk of the party. The kids had no clue what was going on.

Then Monday I got really brave and took all three kids to the Discovery Science Center. They did really great and we had a great day. I was so glad Emmy didn't do her normal bolting. She stayed with me the entire time. I felt so good afterwords.

Today I went to the boys school to help stuff back to school packets. Seeing all the moms made it really feel like the end of summer. Kinda sad about that but I know it is time. The boys are really worried about school and I just keep on trying to reassure them. I have already set up appointments with the school principal and pyschologist so we can get them on a good plan early.
I also registered Emmy for ballet classes. I am so excited. I registered through our city recreation department. It cost $122 for 16 weeks of classes. I think that is awesome. I went out and got her a leotard, tights and her ballet and tap shoes. I have to exchange the shoes because the were too small. But she loved trying them all on. She just kept dancing and leaping. Charles was kind of against ballet but when he saw how cute she looked he got excited. So she starts on Sept 12th. It will work out perfectly because she will go to school Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday and have Ballet/Tap on Friday mornings. I am also looking into swimming lessons at the YMCA. I am going to see if they have something on Mondays that way she is busy everyday.

The boys and Charles are joining Indian Guides through the YMCA. It will be so fun for them. They get to do fundraisers, parades and campouts. They are so excited. It will give them things to look forward to all through the school year. Plus it will give them an opportunity for good friendships.

Tomorrow I need to catch up on laundry. Piles are waiting me. Charles is meeting with a guy that wants to offer him a new job. Hopefully it will be the money he is looking for and have good benifits. I hate change but we have to take a risk to get the reward. I just hope it is all they made it up to be.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Glad the party went well! The boys will do great this year. Off to do laundry as well....

Dina said...

No wonder why your sooo tired!!! That was a funny story of the drunk guy and the kids all looking around like "what tha? what tha?" A story they will tell for the rest of their lives!! Ballet is sooo cute. I opted for Hula for my girl. I was going to put her in Gymnastics as well ( per HER request,,,) but I figured ONE THING AT A TIME! Hope all goes well. Wishing you ALL good spirits for the boys when they start school :)