Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wind, fire, smoke, yuck

Well it has been an interesting time the past few days. These fires are beyond comprehension. Starts out as one and explodes. Hardest hit was San Diego County where 1300 homes have been lost and 500,000 are still evacuated. CRAZY. I am lucky. My brothers home was surrounded by fire Monday night and came out ok. The only affects we have had are from the wind which blasted everything outside and covered everything with dirt and ash. I also have 3 kids who are stir crazy because they can't go outside due to air quality. Hopefully that will change soon. Anyway here are a few pics. Some I took and some I just thought represented the craziness well.




Here is my niece (heart necklace)before homecomming on Saturday night. Now those hills behind her are all burnt.



This is the view from Lake Mission Viejo of the Santiago fire near my brothers house.

This shows how the winds blow the fire. The smoke is almost flat.

Our pool. Yuck.



My favorite bush :(

Out front, smokey air.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AW its really so sad. I keep watching on the news. Stay safe my love!!!!!!

Lauren said...

Wow...that is truly unbelievable...

Dina said...

wow! good photos to show HOW close everthing is!!

KJS said...

These photos are amazing ...

Jess said...

That is really sad hope all is getting better. I'm sorry you have to be caught up in that nasty air.