Saturday, June 9, 2007

Book Club

I was invited into a book club about 5 months ago by my old neighbor Jill. I have really enjoyed it because it has made me start reading again. I love the way a good book can take you to far away places and introduce you to new cultures and people. Anyway this last book was my choice. I chose Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. It was terrific. I loved it.

























Since I chose the book I hosted the meeting. I did a chinese theme. Here is how my dining room looked. I even found a paper lantern.























Here are the place settings. I gave
each member a chinese book mark, chop sticks and a chinese wine charm.



















The evening went really well. Everyone brought a chinese appetizer or dish. We drank this wonderful petite sirah by Oak Grove and also some cranberry lemondade and vodka. A very relaxing and enjoyable evening.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow, that sounds like so much fun! I wish I had a book club like that!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I want to be like you and be in a book club. Guess I am not cool enough. How creative with your place settings. Good job A....Now maybe I should try to read more, I can't even read a magazine in full w/o falling asleep.
xoxoxo

KJS said...

That looks so fun! I can't wait to have a place where I could host something like that ... I think my entire apartment is the size of your dining room.