Friday, July 13, 2007

Hey sleep, come to my house!

Sleep does not exist at my house. It seems lately that everyone is having a hard time getting some. I have always slept horribly since I was very little. And I am guessing I passed this trait on to my offspring. One thing that contributes to my lack of sleep is the time I actually go to sleep. Every night I say I am going to be early. But then all the kids are asleep late and I want at least two hours to myself with no one bothering me. So I end up in bed around 11:30 and fall asleep around midnight. Then Emmy wakes up at least twice a night and bangs her head against her mirrored closet doors. This makes a very loud sound so I have to go in there, put her back in bed, and rub her back until she goes back to sleep. Then Anthony wakes up and announces he has to pee which wakes me up. Then he wakes up an hour later, 6 am because he is sooooo excited his best friend is coming over today to go swimming. He refuses to go back to sleep but I make him stay in his bed. Then Emmy starts rocking against her mirrored doors (waking from all the commotion with Anthony) so Charles, who is awake getting ready for work, gets her and brings her back to our bed where she falls back asleep. And I am now left here to clean the house before our guests arrive with no sleep and grumpy kids. I could only dream of a night where I actually went to sleep and didn't wake up til the morning.

4 comments:

Momma Phoenix said...

I wish I had some advice or a witty comment at least... instead, I can only empathize. We're going through the same thing, and I've only got one kid! Doesn't help that I'm pregnant and now can't find any position comfy enough to sleep in for longer than 30 minutes.

Ooh, I do have a tip! Try find some lavender spray... spritz everyone with that before bed. :) Usually works pretty well.

Annalisa said...

I'll have to try that. I'll try anything.

Anonymous said...

aw honey wish I could help.. I havent gotten a full night of sleep in a very long time. Im up every other hour, its a mess..... I just close my eyes and dream about the days I use to sleep in till 12 :-)

Jess said...

Aww I'm sorry, I am a really bad sleeper also and so is Bre I know it's a pain.