Saturday, April 28, 2007

Things that bug me.

Apparently the way I have been giving my children birthday parties is all wrong.

This is how we usually do one of our kids parties. I buy all the food, clean the house, decorate, prepare all the food, make goodie bags etc etc and spend a small fortune all the while trying to entertain 3 kids. No one watches my kids so I can get any of the above done in peace and Charles is always conviently busy at work. We invite about 30 close family and friends, have the party and Emmy gets a few nice presents. Then I clean up all the mess.

But my SIL and BIL have a way better way of throwing a party. Invite about 70 people. Then have my MIL buy all the food and make all the food. They leave their 1 child with MIL while they run all their errands. They have the party at a park so they don't have to clean up their house. MIL brings all the food and we even helped buy the groceries because she has limited money. They get about 20 nice presents for their child. They spent a minimal amount of money and take home all the left overs.

So I am thinking I should try this sometime. Could I be that inconsiderate? Could I be that oblivious to my own selfishness? Could I have other people throw a party for my child who is my responsibility? I don't know. My BIL and SIL have no problem with it. Why does this bother me so much? I think I just get frustrated because they have nicer things than us but have the nerve to have my MIL spend money on their party. They just got a brand new kitchen, new can lighting throughout their house, season tickets to the Angels . But they have my SIL watch their child for free during the week and are constantly dropping him off without notice. This just bugs me. I need to find a way to let go of it but every time they do something inconsiderate all this frustration comes right back.

1 comment:

Dina said...

nah, if it's not "you", don't follow there ways....BUT having a party at a park ( have the hubby bbq ) get a big jumper and a $20 cake @ Sam's club....and tie a BUNCH of big trash bags around the tents or picnic area, everyone cleans up THEMSELVES...and you can go home with your lovely family, presents to a clean house!! I do it for mine every year.