Saturday, April 21, 2007

Work has begun!


Well the guys came today to start working on the side yard. They tore down the cinder block wall so far. They are going to take out the grass in the front and then cement all the way from the sidewalk to the back shed. That way we can put our trailer on the side of the house not in the front drive way where it is a monstrosity among the neighborhood. Speaking of neighborhood, I am sure they loved hearing the workman tearing down the wall at 7:30am. Oh well.



Charles removed all the grass last week and now we have as side yard full of dirt. We have to wait until the cement is laid and dried before we get grass cuz Charles has to bring it through that side. So for at least a couple of weeks we have a yard of dirt. I just look forward to a beautiful front yard with no trailer, a beautiful side yard with soft green grass. The pool area is another story. It needs so much work too. But who knows if we will get it done. I want to pull out the old bushes and put in this awesome garden I saw in Real Simple magazine. Charles said he can get all the plants at work so maybe it will happen. I really want it to be an oasis at night after the kids go to bed. I would love to just hang out and drink and relax. So lets see if Charles is on board with all the work it will take. These are the kind of plants I want around the pool. I think it would look gorgeous.

This is the only pic I could find that kinda showed the back yard by the pool. The yard extends a ways back and is surrounded by these hideous bushes. I want to have it surrounded with the plants in the first foto and then have a nice outdoor set with a fire pit. Hopefully some day!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i AM so Jealous of your yard.. I grew up in a row home with no grass!!! ANd even now I have a teeny tiny yard.. BITCH!