Friday, April 27, 2007

DECLINED

I hate hate hate getting declined at the register of a store. For the second time at the same store (Sams Club) I was declined today. Both times we had plenty of money to cover the transactions and both times it was the banks fault.

The first time it was with my Bof A account. They said the computers were down that afternoon. But the cashier didn't know that when she gave me that look of pity. And the people behind me didn't know that when they were rolling there eyes like I was trying to get out of the store with a cart full of merchandise and no money. So my husband called and yelled at the store and said they should have offered me a credit card application so I could get out of the store with some dignity. And they appologized and the bank appologized but I was still shell shocked. My husband was so mad at BofA that he moved all our money to the local credit union. Every time after that day I was a little nervous at the register, even though I had confirmed how much money was in the account before going to the store.

So today I go shopping and I am short on time. I run in and my phone rings and it is Charles telling me to pick up a home theater system while I am there. I say "Are you sure we have enough money?" He says we have plenty. So I go on my merry way and get to the register and swipe my debit card with all the confidence in the world. And what happens? DECLINED. WTF People are staring and whispering and I am turning beet red. So I tell them we have a credit card here can you put it on that. They say I am not authorized on the card and send me over to the customer service desk. So I had to apply for a new card and I was pissed but finally get out, get Emmy at my SILs and get home. So I call Charles and tell him what happened and he is pissed. He knows we have enough money to cover the $350 bill. He knows how upset and embarrassed I was the first time this happened. He is also pissed cuz he knows he put me on the credit card he opened through Sams.

So he calls the credit union and gets some lady that doesn't speak clearly. He finds out through the heavy accent that even if we have thousands of dollars in the bank for some reason our debit transaction limit is $300. So we will be declined even if we have enough money to cover the purchase if it is over $300. Now he is really pissed because that doesn't make sense and on top of it he also has a line of credit so that if we needed more money than what was in our account we wouldn't get overdraft fees. So he is now headed to the credit union to chew someone out. And I am no longer shopping at Sams. He can go and get declined. Not me.

1 comment:

Dina said...

there is nothing worse than SHOPPING for an hour or whatever, then to get "declined" for THEIR problem!!! oooh this urks me too!!