Sunday, April 29, 2007

Leaving her behind :(

For our first camping trip of the summer, we decided to leave Emmy behind. We bought a trailer this past winter and we have about 5 4 day trips planned this summer. Well, as per my other post, Emmy never stops. It is going to be a nightmare having her there cuz it isn't like she is going to just sit by the campsite, or sit by the stream, or sit by the lake. Where we camp is very rocky and hilly. It isn't a green meadow. So we decided to leave her with my MIL the first trip in the middle of June. I really struggled with this because they are supposed to be family trips but I think it is for the best. Here are my reasons.

First, the whole trip I will be telling her no, no, no and she will be screaming. At my MILs this will not happen. They are already planning trips to Chuck E Cheese and the park etc. She will probably get spoiled rotten.

Second, the boys are always having activities cut short because of her, if she isn't there they can fish or hike all day. It will be a nice time to reconnect with them and give them some really good attention.

Third, my MIL is moving from Cali to Texas in August. So this will be some good bonding time with her. They are just now starting to get close and Emmy loves her "mama". We also will not have another chance to have any breaks from Emmy after my MIL moves because we don't really have anyone that can take her overnight.


Fourth, I need a vacation. I really do. And although we will have the boys with us it will still be relaxing because they are almost 7. They just fish and hunt for bugs all day. So I can bring a book and sit by the stream or lake and relax. And I'll be there for the big catch and to give them lots of hugs and praise. Also I am looking forward to a nice hike through this valley that is up the road from our campground.
Little Lakes Valley
Here is a link if you want to go on a virtual hike there
http://www.rockcreeklake.com/virtual/llvalley/1.htm


Well as for the cons, I will miss her with all my heart. I have never been away from her for more than 1 night. And it does bug me that we will have a family vacation with out her. But I know that there will be 4 more trips that she will be on and drive me crazy.

Rock Creek Lake, Eastern Sierra Nevada


Rock Creek which runs through our campground.


2 comments:

Dina said...

DON'T FEEL BAD!!! YOU need this too!! your such a good Mom, I can tell by the way you speak of her and the boys. your MIL DOES NEED this time with her! Your right,she will spoil her ROTTEN, and actually, look at it like She's having a vacation too!!! she doesn't have to share her time with the boys....and she can be a princess! (not that she is NOT a princess with you) and KIDS ARE MUCH MORE BEHAVED with someone else!! You have a great time...looks gorgeous!!!! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Don't feel guilty! You need this, and the boys will get some one on one time with you two. Plus Emmy will be spoiled and not even notice!!!