Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Not gone, Just busy

Well, things have been really crazy lately so I'll post a little update.

Charles has been sick with this horrible cough for 2 1/2 weeks now. It has been quite stressful. In the beginning I was quite worried that it was his lymphoma comming back. His doc was a bit worried too so they sent him in for chest xrays. Well after too long a wait we found out his chest was clear thank goodness. It was a relief but he still has that cough and the doc isn't doing much. He goes back in on Wed bcuz they are also doing a physical so hopefully Charles will speak up and get new meds.

In the mean time the boys and school have been keeping me pretty busy. They just cannot finish their work in class on time. I don't get it. I really don't know what else to do. If you promise them something they finish it in no time. Other wise it takes them forever. Michael has been having a harder time with this than Anthony. It will take him 40 minutes to do his spelling test. But when his teacher found a grasshopper and told him he could keep it on his desk for the day if he finished his spelling test quickly, he fininshed in 5 minutes. When are they just going to get there stuff done so we don't have to go through this anymore? When are they going to understand that the quicker they do the work, the quicker they get to play? I don't know. They are also having a hard time finishing their math. Yes 30 math problems on a page don't look appealing but just finish. It isn't that they can't do it. We have math races all the time and they blurt out the answer quickly. I don't know why they just wont do it. It is soooooo frustrating. Anthony is getting it a bit better than Michael. He finished his homework in 20 minutes last night. Michael however, took and hour and a half. He mostly turned around in the chair and read things on the desk. I finally had to make sure that nothing was on the desk and he was standing and then he started working a bit better. So frustrating. I am so tired from trying so hard to get them to do their work. I really don't know what else to do. We have promised trips, and treats, and movies. But at the end of the day I walk up and see that look on their teachers face. FRUSTRATING.

In other news. Emmy wanted to be a monkey and so we went to the costume store. Couldn't find a monkey but she wanted this:





She thinks it is DeeDee Doodlebop but it is really Stephanie from Lazy town. I have never heard of her but anyway Emmy is happy thinking she is a Doodlebop. I ordered a monkey online and Charles is going to kill me. But I just want her to be what she really wants kwim. Besides this can go in her dress up box anyway.








No comments: