Thursday, September 27, 2007

Why don't men listen?

So I am having a hormonal day. I was supposed to go and get a mani and pedi and I couldn't find my gift certificate. So because I am irrational I take it as a sign that I am not supposed to go. Yes I could have just gone and paid but that wasn't the point. So I sit around bummed all morning doing laundry and feeling like crap. I really wanted to go and feel a little pretty since I haven't felt pretty in a long time. Charles is home doing work on the puter and he is just not getting why I am not just going. I try to explain it to him but because he is a man he just says go and pay or snap out of it. Then as he is leaving to go to his home office he says "I am going into home office where all the hotties are ha ha". Uhm jerk. I said "Why would you say that when you know I am feeling like crap?" And he says "Cuz it is funny". Then he leaves mad. WTF was he thinking?

5 comments:

Dina said...

sorry but DEPTH is NOT part of a mans anatomy!!!

BE HAPPY YOUR A GIRL!!!

Anonymous said...

MENNNNNNNNNNN... Not the brightest bulbs in the shed... Totally something Wayne would do.. UGH. Sorry you can't find your GC, I hope it turns up soon!

KJS said...

Aw ... I'm sorry, honey. To quote Dena, "Mennnnnnnnnn."

Lara said...

Aw, I'm SORRY! I TOTALLY have those days where I just need to feel pretty and get a mani... but I haven't done it for like a year and a half now.. boo.

(BTW I found your blog through Dena's- hope you don't mind!)

Helen said...

My husband wanted to go camping with his buddies this weekend. I told him it is not a good weekend, plus we don't have the money. He told me he was leaving anyway. I told him his leaving makes me feel like he doesn't care about my opinion and respect the fact that I need his help this weekend. (plus I am hormonal from breastfeeding and already feeling lonely)

He left. I have never felt so hurt by him before. We have a three month old and since she has been born he has gone on a four day camping trip, 2 golf tournaments and numerous fishing days. Why can't he listen and realize he is hurting my feelings by not staying the one time I asked? How should I act when he gets home?